• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep003a quite project please help ASK owners

robkiller

So to all you ASK owner for the mep003a what are the areas that need to have ventilation holes? I am going to build a small shed around it just like an ASK so I need to make sure I have the right placement of holes for cooling. Detailed pictures would be amazing if anyone can help.

Thanks

steelypip

Airflow management is pretty simple on these: Lots of air goes in the fan on the front and is mostly ejected out the cooling louvers above the batteries. There's also a small air intake quantity into the air filter and the control box end of the generator, and a warm air exhaust at the flywheel end of the generator.

The noise comes from the cooling fins ringing with diesel knock and the cooling air flow, particularly the blower noise. Exhaust noise is noticeable, but a small muffler and directing the outlet up (like a tractor) solves that problem entirely.

If you look at the ASK, there's a louvered noise dampener around the cooling fan intake, a hot air exhaust directing the cooling air up and over the exhaust piping, and various closeable access ports to enable starting and servicing the generator. Fairly good diagrams can be seen in the -24P manual.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks