• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP003A Rectifier Board Burn Up

screejunk

Starting a new thread for this issue.

Hello, we have a similar issue with rectifier board burning up, including a new one:( We have installed a new master switch and we have checked the diodes. Our tech, who is amazing, is still scratching his head... Is anyone aware of other points of failure to check to prevent the rectifier board from burning up? Any help is much appreciated. THANKS

We did check this useful information:
There are 2 diodes in the A1 assembly, which is located in the control box, where the gauges are located (upper right corner). These 2 diodes, control the current to the rectifier board. If they fail, current will continue to back feed to the board and burn the resistor. It took me 3 weeks to figure it out. The diodes are between A1-5 and A1-6 ; then A1-7 and A1-8. If you take those wires off and test between them you can check the diodes without taking the panel completely out. The diodes are tucked behind where you can't see them. Also this will cause the starter lockout not to function and your starter will stay engaged without ever letting go, burning the starter up.
We also installed new master switch.

Just wondering if there are other issues that can cause the resister to burn up. We are using the new Klopp version of the board and he has been very helpful.
THANKS

Guyfang

Staff member
Kurt and I talked about this, shortly.

1. You changed the old one out because it was also burnt?
2. You are 1000% sure you wired it right?
3. Did you ever see the set work right?
4. Have you, (or someone else) made any other repairs on the set of late.
5. Have you pulled the AC output box off the set and compleatly checked every wire and connection? Looked for mice crap and chewed wires? Worn wires?
6. Inspected every component to make sure that nothing is damaged?
7. The master switch should have nothing to do with it, but to exclude it, you have checked that its correctly wired? If it were me, I would just unscrew all the wires and re-hook them up, being very, very careful to make sure its right.
8.Have you checked the VR? All the wires on it. It can be hooked up wrong. I know all about that! Is it a Military VR? or an aftermarket VR?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks