• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep003a won’t start

Vic_949

My mep 003a started but it shuted off when I cranked the starter nothing but I could here the fuel being pumped I’m not sure my starter solenoid burned inside or it’s the fuse can you tell me we’re my fuse is I can’t find it if you have a MEP003A send me a picture of we’re the fuse location is thanks. Also when it stared nothing happened but when I pushed the fuel solenoid pump up it started I moved the governed it revés when I let it go it shuttef of when I went to crank it I can’t here the starter turning but I could here the fuel pumping. Help

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to the main page or click on "Forums" at the top of almost any page, First group of forums is "Technical Manuals", scroll down about nine groups to "Generator and Electrical TM's", click to open it, scroll down to the bottom, select the fourth page and the third listing from the top is "All the TM's you need to work on the MEP-003A". You are new, I've been here probably 14-15 years, and I've looked at about all the forums at one time or another. In 10 years or so, you will probably be better at finding things than I am now.

All the TM's you need to work on the MEP-003A

Ray70

Before you go and buy a new fuel solenoid, have you tested the old one and tested the wiring going to the solenoid?
I'm having a little difficulty following exactly what is happening.
When you turn the switch to crank the engine, does it crank over but will not start until you lift up on the fuel shut off solenoid?
Or is it not even cranking over unless you lift the solenoid up?
Also, it sounds like it had started up and was running, then died and now won't restart?

Vic_949

Before you go and buy a new fuel solenoid, have you tested the old one and tested the wiring going to the solenoid?
I'm having a little difficulty following exactly what is happening.
When you turn the switch to crank the engine, does it crank over but will not start until you lift up on the fuel shut off solenoid?
Or is it not even cranking over unless you lift the solenoid up?
Also, it sounds like it had started up and was running, then died and now won't restart?
I tested the solenoid it was bad it wouldn’t turn on so we losses the fuel injection lines and the line were it goes to the high pressure fuel module and it started I waited 5 minutes to see if it would turn on by it self and it. Did now it turns on thanks for all the information

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we're running on our MEP003A again. Our utility power has been out for hours due to some severe storms. I suspect a tree fell on a line somewhere, although the outage map for EMC shows a fairly large area being out where we are and a lot of other smaller outages. The temperature is around 66 so the only thing the generator is running are the lights, television, and oven and cook-top for dinner. The funny thing is that today was a scheduled generator test day. Don't need to test it now. That generator always fires right up and runs perfect.