• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP004A injection problem Rosa Master

tony1224

I'm having a problem. I'M in Live Oak ,Fl . Right where the Hurricane hit and I need to have the generator .It have been a week without power or electricity. I have take the pump apart cause it did not want it to start. I have a part that forgot where it goes , I'm posting some pictures of the part and also the pump model . If any want can help please or at lease where can I find a repair manual of this pump. and the Generator repair service Thank y

Attachments

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might call Area diesel services in carvinville Illinois there main shop. Good luck Screenshot_20230826-193159_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ray70

The TM should be available up top in the TM / generator section of this forum. The IP is pretty much identical to the pump in the 005.
Looking at your picture, I think that might be the pressure regulating plunger and spring that goes inside the end cover where the fuel line attaches.
Hard to tell for sure, but the pictures in the TM should help you identify.

Guyfang

Staff member
I killed your other thread you started about this problem. Forum rules, prohibit you from having more then one thread concerning the same problem. It also help you, so yo do NOT have to look at more then one thread for your help, and people helping you, do not have to look at more thread at whats been suggested.

The IP is about the only part on that gen set I would not tell someone to take it apart without the -24P in front of them, and not to have read the procedure before taking it apart.

Ray showed you a picture from the TM. Do you need help in finding the TM's for this set? If so, say something. Why did you take it apart? What did the set do, or not do, to make you think the IP was "bad"?

tony1224

The problem I have it was that the generator hasn't run in a wile and the IP was stock. I finally got it running even with out that part for the IP. After a wile running it quit and the only way that it will run is with the wire from the positive on the battery to the positive of the injection pump. really don't know what when wrong. thank you for the help

Guyfang

Staff member
The L1, (IP fuel cut off solenoid) is very important. Do you have any idiot lights on the fault indicator? Because if you do, you have a safety circuit failure. Jumping the L1 could mean you destroy your engine. In any case, you jumping the L1 could also lead to destroying your engine when the set later develops a fault, (LOW OIL PRESSURE for instance) and tries to turn off the engine, it will continue to run. Continue to run it like this at your own risk.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks