• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep004a tripping DC reset

Mattell

Hi folks

I have a pu-405 mep004a with ask. I have had some issues now after about 40 hours of operation. This week.
First it was running out of fuel in the day tank. It had bad fuel pumps to start with, removed and applied power, burned out solenoids. The day tank sending unit has also failed the continuity test. To run I have to trigger the fuel solenoid with a quick tap of voltage on the rectifier with the battle switch on. This allows the pumps to keep tank full. I am getting a new sending unit. Genset operated this way for about 20 hours.
Last night I went thru the process of starting and had another issue. A/C breaker wouldn't close at first start up. Then the battle switch light didn't come on when flipped. I hope its just a bulb.
Now morning. I start the unit,turn on battle switch,ac breaker closes and building has power. Runs 2 hours. Then I shut down for lunch. Restart fine. But now it runs a few minutes and pops the DC circuit breaker under the reset light indicator bulbs and engine shuts down.
Did an wiggle test on harnesses. Looked for short. No luck.
Anyone have a similar issue? Going to start reading manual again, am not looking forward to the wire hunt. Currently sleeting outside lol. Thanks for any help available.
Regards, Mattell

Mattell

Update. Found a sensor screwed into the airbox that had a small separation in housing to base of unit. Housing had a little play,figured maybe enough to cause ground short. Disconnected cable. Genset now running without tripping the 7.5 breaker. Working but I still don't have a warm fuzzy feeling.