• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP005A Needing engine Harness.

JustinS54

Hello,

I recently acquired a MEP005A (TM 5-6115-465-12) that had its engine harness stripped off. I believe the machine is in great condition otherwise. All connection points seem to be in good condition, I am sure the municipality who had it before me took it off to replace another one somewhere else. I would love to buy another harness but believe that idea to be a bit far fetched. I would also love to pay someone to borrow their harness to duplicate. For my day job I work at an engine company and have designed all of our harnesses so it would be extremely simple for me to make a copy and build in my shop. If anyone has a better direction to point me in or has one to sell, please let me know as it is currently acting as a nice paperweight.

Thank you,
Justin

JustinS54

You ought to be able to replicate it with the info in both the -24P TM which calls out all of the part numbers required and the -34 TM which has the wiring table in it with wire lengths and interconnections.

I suppose I am not the genius I thought I was, and even pulled the -12. A lot of the information is pretty blurry even when I print out on 24" paper.

Guyfang

Staff member
When ever you have a problem reading a TM for the MEP-004A or MEP-005A, they are for all practical purposes, the same book. Interchangeable.

Also, put a want add in the Parts Wanted Forum. Can not hurt. Someone out there might have a parts gen set. The engine wire harness is pretty simple. Everything goes to the Special relay box I think. I replaced a few, but its been over 40 years ago.

JustinS54

When ever you have a problem reading a TM for the MEP-004A or MEP-005A, they are for all practical purposes, the same book. Interchangeable.

Also, put a want add in the Parts Wanted Forum. Can not hurt. Someone out there might have a parts gen set. The engine wire harness is pretty simple. Everything goes to the Special relay box I think. I replaced a few, but its been over 40 years ago.

Thank you very much, I had started to look into the MEP-004A TMs and noticed they seemed to be better but wasn't sure they were the same. I went ahead and posted in the classified adds just incase something comes up. Thank you for your help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks