• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep016d new owner

cucv1833

Getting close!!! I use 24v fully charged batt. The pump still works while mounted to the machine straight to the batt. With the 24v going to the float switch input I'm getting 24v to the output after changing a butt connector. I got power going in and out the thermal breaker. But when I connect the fuel pump lead I get a voltage drop to 0.

Even if I bypass the thermal circuit breaker and bring the float switch to the fuel pump input the same thing happens goes from 24v to 0 and the pump never attempts to start.

Again the pump does work directly to the batt. 24-25v

ETN550

Try moving the float a little with everythng hooked up to the battery. Possibly the contacts are bad in the float and allowing enough current through to get a reading but not enough for the load of the pump. Also make sure there is a good ground. Are you running the pump when it is mounted thus proving the ground is good or did you run it on the bench then put it on the unit?

At least you know the pump is good.

cucv1833

Try moving the float a little with everythng hooked up to the battery. Possibly the contacts are bad in the float and allowing enough current through to get a reading but not enough for the load of the pump. Also make sure there is a good ground. Are you running the pump when it is mounted thus proving the ground is good or did you run it on the bench then put it on the unit?

At least you know the pump is good.
Thanks alot for all your help. I will move the float around next time I try and report back. The pump is mounted and it's grounded on the outside of the slave port. I leave the ground in the same place while testing. Positive of batt to the pump works and 24v float switch output to pump no go same ground I will tinker with it later.

Made some good headway today and got my mep002 fully operational

cucv1833

Well I guess I give up on my transfer pump. The pump still works with 24v directly from batterys.

Now When hooked up through the float switch from the batteries I get 24v going through it to the pump but the pump doesnt come on. I even move the float up and down and its not changing voltage or going "on-off".

I plan on just running a simple gravity fed fuel tank to the onboard tank and call it good.

I will bring this genny to my remote camper and leave it there as a s/by and try it out in a few days.

Triple Jim

Are you saying you tried to power the pump through the float switch without a relay? As originally wired, the PRIME-RUN-AUXILIARY position has the aux fuel pump run full time, and the float switch powers a relay which opens a solenoid valve as fuel is needed.

cucv1833

Are you saying you tried to power the pump through the float switch without a relay? As originally wired, the PRIME-RUN-AUXILIARY position has the aux fuel pump run full time, and the float switch powers a relay which opens a solenoid valve as fuel is needed.

Sounds like your talking about the Mep002. My 002 works as it should.

Im talking about the MEP-016D

Instead of trouble shooting it while running I was bench testing it with 2-12v batts. 24v.

When I connect the battery leads to the pump ground to ground the Pos to the pump it turns on.

When I connect ground to ground and the positive to the onboard float switch lead input I get 24v from the float switch output through the Thermal breaker by the slave port then 24v measured at the pump input lead but the pump still fails to come on.

Triple Jim

When I connect ground to ground and the positive to the onboard float switch lead input I get 24v from the float switch output through the Thermal breaker by the slave port then 24v measured at the pump input lead but the pump still fails to come on.
If you have 24v at the pump and it's not running, it would seem that the pump's ground must be floating. When you have 24v at the pump, what's the ground terminal/wire measure on the meter, compared to battery negative?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks