• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP018A battery keeper

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original setup uses a single 4HN 24-volt battery and the "hold down" bracket is made for it.
Found two 12-volt batts and the keeper is perfect for one, but it looks like two would see some interference in the center.
I'm just using some heavy duty ties for now and will have to fab a dual type keeper later.
How do you handle two batteries on this tray?

Attachments

Carl_in_NH

I'd planned to fab one elongated keeper on my 017A - just not gotten around to doing so yet. 4HN's are too expensive for my taste for this application, while a couple small lawn tractor batteries do nicely.

DieselBob

I got mine at the local Battery Warehouse. Don't remember the the price. They where more than the Wally world but I didn't have to adapt anything and they look stock. Just my preference.

DieselBob

They are a obvious “field” mod. The holes for the hold down bolts where drilled into the side of the tray. The retainers are not the same 383 green as the gen set. Don't have any idea what they came from but they where with the set when I picked it up. The set did come with the 2 2HN installed but I had to replace because they wouldn't hold a charge.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chuck, I have a mag sitting out on the bench. Needs points but was a working mag many years ago. Pay for the ride and it's yours.

DieselBob

Chuck, that's a odd color paint on the genny or my monitor is showing a strange tint. I like the way your hold down brackets fit. Hope you get it running. They are nice sets if a little on the loud side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks