• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP362 Turbine problem

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
MEP362 Turbine problem ..Need Parts...

Hey Guys,
Anyone know why the MEP362 Turbine generator w/6hrs I bought will start and run up, when it gets to a point that the guages start to read it shuts down. I changed the filters and check the oil, everything seams fine. When it shuts off fuel pops on the ground through a small blowoff tube that goes into a sensor that is inline before it goes through the firewall and to the turbine. no error lights light. i also checked the bulbs, they are ok. funny thing, white smoke blows through the tube after a small splash of fuel. anyone know where i can get a manual?...
Thanks! Kevin..
decodeme@verizon.net

Last edited:

chemicaljohn

I would assume the fuel dump on shutdown is the combustor drain, which is normal...as long as fuel doesn't come out while its running, you're good. And I'm guessing you figured out the other problem. I've worked on aircraft for a while, so feel free to pm me with questions on this, specifically the engine. They're the same as whats on an aircraft just a lot smaller.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks GUY!..
Will do...
I think i know the problem, but will get the trusty OHM meater out and make sure..
Kevin..
After I get it working, I will use it to fire-up the old Huey!...WOP, WOP...