• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP531A just got one

odjoe

just got it

Yesterday, 11:11
just got it, looks like no oil strainer ,fuel lines, i have on order fuel filter,oil strainer and fuel lines, it does have compression. looks

IMG_0018-L.jpgIMG_0023-L.jpgIMG_0022-L.jpgIMG_0021-L.jpgIMG_0020-L.jpgIMG_0020-L.jpg

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good, i have acquired a couple of these over the last year, they are great little gen sets! Dewey Electronics built most of these and they are really good to work with if you need parts. If you need photos of any part of the gen set let me know, I have one in the bed of my M1008. Put a little time into it and you will have a killer little gen set!!!

odjoe

Looks good, i have acquired a couple of these over the last year, they are great little gen sets! Dewey Electronics built most of these and they are really good to work with if you need parts. If you need photos of any part of the gen set let me know, I have one in the bed of my M1008. Put a little time into it and you will have a killer little gen set!!!
thank you for the helping hand
this is the way she came
i have the oil strainer on order fuel filter, and sum fuel lines i'll get them installed
and try fireing her up

Last edited:

Isaac-1

I too am looking at one of these that is for sale locally, can someone comment on how loud they are compared to MEP-016D or MEP-002a, etc.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would give the relief lever a twist, it should straighten out, and $127...what a deal, my first one came with my MKT and the second one I paid over $300 dollars for and GL knocked the control panel loose to help out!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know about the comparison of noise generated but this is the quietest Gen Set I have. I have another Diesel 3KW that is close but this one is the quietest of the variety I have.

rustystud

I too am looking at one of these that is for sale locally, can someone comment on how loud they are compared to MEP-016D or MEP-002a, etc.
Since I have the MEP-016D and the MEP-002a and the MEP-531a I can honestly say the MEP-016D is the same as the MEP-531a. The MEP-002a is much louder then both the others.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would you take some of the 90 degree elbows and rubber bushings for the fuel tank? I have read the TM but I'm skeptical about them holding up.

rustystud

Would you take some of the 90 degree elbows and rubber bushings for the fuel tank? I have read the TM but I'm skeptical about them holding up.
The rubber bushings and 90 degree elbows hold up well. It's the hoses that crap out on you. Mine just developed a pin hole leak two days ago. That's why I know the fuel hose size !

Guyfang

Staff member
This set will run soooooooooooooooooooooooo nice when you get her fixed up. Quite. So nice and quite.

If it runs rough, or under load, it "stutters" a bit, or surges a bit, look for air in the fuel lines leading up to the fuel pump.

Nice set, good buy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks