• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep531a.wont start or hit

Shadetreeguy

Fuel timing is important. We had a few busses at work loose the injection pump seal and they flooded the crank case with fuel, so it does happen from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What exactly are you describing as fuel timing.I pulled the fuel pump off the side and cranked it over few times and stuck it back in there.is there a certain way to install it or is there something I'm over looking.it looks like a old school Chevy set up honestly.runs off the cam

Attachments

Scoobyshep

What exactly are you describing as fuel timing.I pulled the fuel pump off the side and cranked it over few times and stuck it back in there.is there a certain way to install it or is there something I'm over looking.it looks like a old school Chevy set up honestly.runs off the cam
Depending on the way the engine is setup. Some are gear driven and improper installation the fuel wont be injected in the cylinder at the proper time (had someone pull one off once and didnt know about it, wasted half a day trying to track down a self inflected wound)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Shadetreeguy

Don't think you can mess up the timing on these. Is the plunger in the injection pump getting stuck compressed?
Ok.now I know a lot more bout how this think works.lol I had to tear the motor apart to figure it out and its really a simple setup.I figured out my problem.I just don't understand how it could have bad rings with only 200 hours.anyone know how that's possible??? I filled cylinder full last night and came back this morning and it was have empty?? Got to looking and its in the crankcase.there isn't any side to side play on the piston and I haven't pulled it yet but have parts orders for it.I went ahead and got new injector,rings,all new seals and gaskets hopefully it runs afterwards.thanks for everyone's input

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks