• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep701a oil cooler hose malfunction

northwood81

Hello. Fired up my Mep701a yesterday. Ran well then noticed a huge oil leak. The oil hoses both inlet and outlet blew off the oil cooler. Upon inspection they weren’t even connected but just slid over a plastic sleeve. I don’t see how this will work because with any pressure it will blow off. My diesel mechanic friend has never seen anything like it. Is there any type of adapter kit or something? What’s wrong here? Also what I have doesn’t look like the manual diagram of what I should have. Thanks!!

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Now its only been about 45 years since I looked at those fittings, but I seem to remember the fitting passed over the plastic bushings, and threaded onto the fittings on the oil cooler. The oil pressure isn't real high on this set. But the lines still have to be threaded onto something. Is this set new to you? Or have you had it a while?

I do not know of, nor have ever seen any kind of adapter kit.

northwood81

Set is new to me but only has 2.2 hours on it. Everything is intact except a fuse I had to order. My mechanic friend who had a 5kw like this and is a large diesel mechanic has never seen anything like it. There is no place to thread onto the oil cooler. Looks like it was modified to accept this particular oil cooler but I’m not sure. Either way or doesn’t work and just pops off. Also I thought it was plastic but it’s actually thin tapered aluminum right to the cooler

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have a spare oil cooler with threaded hoses. You'd need to have something on your genny to thread to(oil out/in ports), but if interested, shoot me a pm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks