• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep802 small fire repair help !!!

oliveone

Hello all here is the lasted. I cleaned up everything and spend a few hours checking other wire and parts in the area. It all looks good. I did a temporary repair (very Temp LOL) and fired it up. 802 was running fine closed the circuit breaker (Not the right word but you will understand) and verified that I have power at the wire terminals. So just need to replace the terminal block and will be up and running.

I called the company that makes the terminal block on Monday Marco Manufacturing out of Philly PA. They verified they make the part. I though wow this is great!!! Part 4300-12 is about $7.99 each but the company has a $50 minimum purchase request. auaTalk about a Buzzzzz Killer! I will order from another web site.

I replaced the top cover as we have a bad store coming on Wednesday. Don’t want water to come in.

Back in the day when I was in uniform one of my many job was to send soldiers to training. I ran a Q 36 Fire Finder Radar. Had a high speed operator that wanted to go the radar Repair School. I took some workings but he went away for almost a year for the training. Worked on the radar for a few years and did a good job. About 6 month before it was time to reenlist he came to me for a job reference. He said it is time for me to move on I hope you understand. You hate to lose a greatsoldier and good friend but you have to let them move up. He left the service to go work as a CECOM LAR. He is very busy with work and family butwas able to help out.

I will take pics and update when I get this back up and running. I have a spare 802 and an 803 ready on standby.:smile: This 802 is trailer mounted so it is my go to genny.

Thanks everyone for all you help and input!!!

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
There are people in the forum parting out gen sets. Look in the adds. You should get the TB cheap from them.

I might know know your young soldier. Most of the CECOM LAR's rotate through the vielseck office here. I still drop by, every now and then.

Did is a lot of work on the gen set of fire finder. The PU setup was a good one.

Bmxenbrett

That and the batterys are prob the only two things that are nothing special on these sets...you really lucked out. HARDWARE CLOTH for all.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

I believe I have a new one from the control panel box I parted out.

be back shortly....
Nope, I do not have the TB you need.

Last edited:

ctfjr

We live in the woods and field mice are part of the deal. I put Decon boxes throughout the garage including inside the base of my MEP-003A. Never had a problem with mice in there. Tonight in the middle of this nor'easter I went into the garage to put my long snow boots on and instinctively reached inside to check if anything was in there. Just a small pile of Decon in one of them.