• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP802A cart

Kalistinikov

PXL_20230608_230817643.jpgPXL_20230609_185005993.jpg

So I figured I'd share this with y'all. I picked up two of these in extremely bad shape and got one almost to 10/20 standard. I had the junk one on a gorilla cart to move around more easily and liked the idea enough that I made a cart specifically for the hood one. 2" wide 1/4" thick angle fits nicely inside the skids on the bottom

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 900181View attachment 900182

So I figured I'd share this with y'all. I picked up two of these in extremely bad shape and got one almost to 10/20 standard. I had the junk one on a gorilla cart to move around more easily and liked the idea enough that I made a cart specifically for the hood one. 2" wide 1/4" thick angle fits nicely inside the skids on the bottom
lets have a close up of the exhaust flapper. Is that Stainless?

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hahaha you caught me. Neither unit I bought had the actual exhaust cover. Since I have a certain fondness for the ol' flapper cap, a 1-1/2" NPT coupler will thread onto the exhaust outlet and then accepts a cap for a 2" pipe
oh i wasn't pointing out as a bad thing i like flappers, just looked awfully shiney and caught my eyes

Guyfang

Staff member
We had them mounted on lots of things. But strangle not on most gen sets. The only reason I never put them on TQG's is because you have to take the flapper off, to take the top off. We had flappers on the old 15, 30 and 60 KW's. Came with the set. But 99.99% of them came out of the OVM box. On TPU's, Tank and Pump Units, they came with the flapper. When the exhaust is vertical, its a must.

Kalistinikov

We had them mounted on lots of things. But strangle not on most gen sets. The only reason I never put them on TQG's is because you have to take the flapper off, to take the top off. We had flappers on the old 15, 30 and 60 KW's. Came with the set. But 99.99% of them came out of the OVM box. On TPU's, Tank and Pump Units, they came with the flapper. When the exhaust is vertical, its a must.
They definitely are a must. Of the two units I won at auction, one had only 70 hours on it and a cylinder full of water. The other still had the cross hatching in the bore. The upper 1/4 of that cylinder is about ruined as a result. It probably would run as-is, but I couldn't imagine it would run too well