• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP802a DC Power Issue

csmitty

Ok. So I got my 802 fired up this weekend and running well. Ran for a few mins with no load then I hit the panel lights and it shutdown. After that I had no power when S1 turned to prime. Checked CB1 and it was pushed in. Estop pulled out. Gave up for the evening.

Next afternoon I hooked the batteries back up and checked the S1 switch. Sure enough it started priming the fuel system. So then I hit the panel lights switch and then the S1 did nothing when turned to prime. So I got out the meter and started tracing what had power.

1st scenario. S1 off, S2 off. I have 24V to 2,4,6,8 on S1 and at S2, CB1, EStop, etc. If I turn S1 to prime I get 0V on 2,4,6,8 and 0V at S2 back all the way through to CR1. Turn S1 back to off I get 24V again.

2nd scenario. S1 off, S2 on. 0V at 2,4,6,8 on S1 and 0V at S2. 0V at CB1 and 0V at EStop. Went to CR1 and had 0V at left side of diode, but 24V on the right.

CR1 and CR2 appear to have been replaced before judging by the shoddy soldering job on them. Also were somewhat corroded.

So it seems in both these cases, somehow, 24V stops at the CR1 diode. Even though it does flow through if everything is off. I haven't ohm'd the diode yet but will when I get home. Just wanted to get an opinion if its happened to anyone else as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks