• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP802a Fuel sending unit tradeout

mastrman

I am rebuilding an 802a and had a bad fuel sending unit, checked by TM. I order a new on ebay but instead of a one wire and ground wire to the base, I have a 4 wire connector to the new unit. 2 red wires and 2 black wires. The bottom of this unit has 2 sliding tubes on an L shaped tube instead of the float arm. Has anyone traded these out? Your input would be appreciated.

Guyfang

Staff member
Something wrong here. You say fuel sending unit. Do you mean a fuel level sending unit, MT5, or a fuel level switch, FL1/FL2? The switch has four wires, the sending unit two. What you are describing is the switch. I think you ordered the wrong part.

Guyfang

Staff member
That's a better way to put it. I assumed you ordered the wrong part. Maybe you ordered the right part, and they shipped you the wrong part.

Guyfang

Staff member
The number is right but the part is wrong! Any place I can find a fuel sending unit?
Well, what number did you order? Have you used both NSN and part number to search? If you got it on the big auction site, look at the details of that sale, and contact the seller. If you ordered part A, and they send you part B, then your options are they fix the problem, or you give them a crappy rating.

dav5

dav5