• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP802A Fuse Blowing

dcvm

802A when started didn’t produce power. I discovered the “little fuse” was blown so I took the fuse from a 803A and tried again. The voltage was neither 60hz nor 220V and the voltage adjust knob would adjust the voltage. I plugged in a drill and before Any power could be transferred the fuse blew again. I purchased a new voltage regulator but haven’t tested the machine again because I discovered that while the MOV 14D151k resistor had not been installed. The hour meter indicates 90 hours. Where else should I focus my attention while I wait for the resistor to arrive.

loosegravel

Just a retired mechanic who's having fun!
802A when started didn’t produce power. I discovered the “little fuse” was blown so I took the fuse from a 803A and tried again. The voltage was neither 60hz nor 220V and the voltage adjust knob would adjust the voltage. I plugged in a drill and before Any power could be transferred the fuse blew again. I purchased a new voltage regulator but haven’t tested the machine again because I discovered that while the MOV 14D151k resistor had not been installed. The hour meter indicates 90 hours. Where else should I focus my attention while I wait for the resistor to arrive.
Can you please take a photo of the fuse that you’re dealing with? Is it the one in this photo?B6D24927-6A51-4089-952A-E69B9299960E.jpeg

loosegravel

Just a retired mechanic who's having fun!

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MOV IS NOT required to make the generator operator work properly.
The MOV is just an add on to help protect the factory AC Voltage from being damaged.

Ray70

Assuming you're talking about the VR Quad fuse mod. that @loosegravel depicted, make sure you have the right fuse in there. needs to be a 3A Slo-blow.... otherwise it won't work right.
If the fuse is correct maybe you should ohm out the exciter stator per the TM first?
pull off the tin cover on the end of the generator and test the F1 and F2 connections.

Last edited by a moderator:

dcvm

Assuming you're talking about the VR Quad fuse mod. that @loosegravel depicted, make sure you have the right fuse in there. needs to be a 3A Slo-blow.... otherwise it won't work right.
If the fuse is correct maybe you should ohm out the exciter stator per the TM first?
full off the tin cover on the end of the generator and test the F1 and F2 connections.
Thanks, I’ll check that out tomorrow.