• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep802a oil pressure relief repairr

CDR

If you followed my previous post I have a over oil pressure with my generator the pressure goes over 180 PS I and holds the valves open so the motor does not run

So I took the plunge today and opened up the crank case I found lots of rust everywhere. I located and removed the oil pressure relief valve. It was extremely easy to disassemble it was corroded and filled with rust and stuck closed.

A quick cleaning and re-oil and works perfectly. I did not have a new gasket I attempted to reuse the old one which on start up oil came out from all over.

This is extremely easy to fix so if you're having this issue don't be afraid to tackle it.

So I think it's been asked for where is everyone find their parts from?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400525694.372371.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400525706.823253.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400525715.858801.jpg

CDR

I'm going to need a gasket assortment hopefully I can find them somewhere please advice if you have a good supplier

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
glad you fixed it, given the high cost. if it was full of rust, what about the rest of the lube system? wouldn't junk have gone to all the bearings etc?
it certainly would be easy to just make a gasket

Last edited:

CDR

glad you fixed it, given the high cost. if it was full of rust, what about the rest of the lube system? wouldn't junk have gone to all the bearings etc?
it certainly would be easy to just make a gasket
Everything was a little rusty in there connecting rods crank and the block. Following the oil galley path it looks like it goes threw the filter first so I'm not that worried about the bearings. I made tons of gaskets for stuff this would be a harder one to make it's involved and full oil pressure is against it. I order one from Kraft power I hope it's the right one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks