• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep802a - Panel reads 230v, no juice at main lugs

kochevnik

OK - I just got 2 MEP802a's. One works fine, I thought the second one was good too, until I went to connect up the main power lugs and there was no juice there.

So here are the things I have tried / found :

1) When you fire up the generator and hit the AC interrupter switch, the AC interrupter switch light does NOT come on.

2) The AC interrupter switch light DOES come on when you push it to test it.

3) The front panel meter DOES read 230v

4) The convenience outlets DO work

5) I pulled the AC interrupter switch from the other working machine and it works the same
as the one in the defective machine. The diodes on both are working as well. Just to be sure I swapped switches from the 'good' machine to the bad, no difference.

6) I checked the two diodes in the back left, CR1 and CR2, both look ok - about 500+ ohms in one direction nothing in the other.

7) I tried all three positions on the big voltage selector 120v 1 phase, 3 phase, and 120/240v 1 phase - no measured voltage
on the main outlet lugs for any setting.

8 ) CB1 is ok, and I checked the fuse FU1.

9) If you turn on the battle short mode, you still get nothing at the main lugs.

Not sure what to check next ?

Last edited:

dogkiller

I had that problem & found one of the relays had a bent pin so it wouldn't make contact.
it felt like it was snapping in but wasn't...
d.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks