• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP802A Starting 4Ton AC

csmitty

Last year we used the 802A during one of the hurricanes, I forget which, and it was great. It had already cooled off some at that point so no AC wasn’t a big deal. So this year when Florence was forecasted Atlanta was kinda iffy on impact. So I asked my wife if AC was a big deal if we last power and with a 12 month old she said yes. So I ordered one of the micro-air soft starters for our AC compressor. Previously the inrush I measured at 118A. With the soft starter involved I got a max of 26A. Quite an improvement and no more light flicker in the house. Running amps were around 12.7.

So Florence missed us but now Michael might be coming to town so I wanted to check and see if the 802 would start the AC. Sure enough it did! Video below. I had about 7amps on the 802 before it kicked in and that was mainly lights and fridge.

https://youtu.be/lPRG4x0fbL4

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks