• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep803 continuing through genhead re/re

gump65

Found the torque numbers for the Flywheel
TM 9-2815-253-24, Table E-1, Flywheel Bolts 50.1,51.3, 52.5 Ft/lbs

Haven't found the torque values for
-drive plate to flywheel
and
-rotor to drive plate
Is there a chart for these values?

In the end I won the battle with removal of the fuel/water separator from the mounting bracket. Made a primitive rope wrench. Pic below
Used a 2' pry as she did not want to give up being seated there!!!!

Next item. Having replaced flywheel, I want to ensure clearence between Rotational Transducer and Flywheel is set or at least checked. Imagine somewhere around .010" would work? I haven't adjusted yet it since replacing Flywheel and it just looks tooooo close. Again haven't found the correct chart for these sorts of numbers and probably just not looking in the right spot....
TM 9-6115-642-24P page 34 Motional Transducer Assembly

IMG_6821.JPGIMG_6803.JPGIMG_6824.JPG

As always thanks for any and all help!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
You can look up the fastener size on google and find a torque value chart based on size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
You can look up the fastener size on google and find a torque value chart based on size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should be a torque value chart in every maintenance manual. Normally in the back of the TM.

Did you look in TM 9-6115-642-24, around PDF reader page # 221 for torque values you need. That passage deals with the main gen reassembly.

Next item. Having replaced flywheel, I want to ensure clearence between Rotational Transducer and Flywheel is set or at least checked. Imagine somewhere around .010" would work? I haven't adjusted yet it since replacing Flywheel and it just looks tooooo close. Again haven't found the correct chart for these sorts of numbers and probably just not looking in the right spot.

I hope you took out the MPU. If not, do so. Then go to the above mentioned TM and read up on how to Inspect, Test, Re-install and PROPERLY adjust the MPU. Or you might just be buying another one.

Last edited:

gump65

Should be a torque value chart in every maintenance manual. Normally in the back of the TM.

Did you look in TM 9-6115-642-24, around PDF reader page # 221 for torque values you need. That passage deals with the main gen reassembly.

Next item. Having replaced flywheel, I want to ensure clearence between Rotational Transducer and Flywheel is set or at least checked. Imagine somewhere around .010" would work? I haven't adjusted yet it since replacing Flywheel and it just looks tooooo close. Again haven't found the correct chart for these sorts of numbers and probably just not looking in the right spot.

I hope you took out the MPU. If not, do so. Then go to the above mentioned TM and read up on how to Inspect, Test, Re-install and PROPERLY adjust the MPU. Or you might just be buying another one.
My down load for TM 9-6115-642-24 only goes to page 152.
I must have a corrupt file or something, but it was a direct download from SS. Things that make you go hmmmm!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Double check that you aren't referencing the -24P. The P variant is the parts diagram (and the one I have is about 152-3 pages). The -24 is 293 pages. I will shoot you an email with a copy of what I have.

gump65

Double check that you aren't referencing the -24P. The P variant is the parts diagram (and the one I have is about 152-3 pages). The -24 is 293 pages. I will shoot you an email with a copy of what I have.
Thanks
Yes you are correct, I was referencing the -24P variant.
….pay attention to the details, a wise man told me once….
obviously I needed to told at least twice!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks
Yes you are correct, I was referencing the -24P variant.
….pay attention to the details, a wise man told me once….
obviously I needed to told at least twice!
Once you understand the use of each TM variation, the sky is the limit. They literally do the hard work for you... you just turn into the trained monkey with the socket wrench.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks