• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A ground mounted belly tank

blk65brd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, new to the forum and will have a Mep803a delivered soon, I am totally off grid, have been for 15 years, I presently have a Generac 30KW John Deere diesel powered generator with a 114 Gallon belly tank , this generator will be replaced by the Mep803a. I would like to add a similar belly tank to the new to me generator. I have tried a search and come up with belly tanks on trailers and did see 1 post where someone had built their own, for the life of me I can't find that post again, any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I presently use solar, some limited hydro for off grid power, generator is mostly used in winter with a lot of rain and little sun here in the PNWet. Thanks for all the support on this forum, it is greatly appreciated.
Richard

blk65brd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is one source: https://tex-tanks.com/tanks/aboveground/belly-tank/ Can you not reuse the 114g tank for this?

The significantly cheaper method would be to just run 55g drums beside the machine, or tether it to a home heating oil tank. All scenarios (including belly tank) would require plumbing through the aux fuel inlet).
Thanks for the link, I actually have both a heating oil tank and a 55 gallon aluminum tank, what the belly tank could offer is containment of fuel, and any other leaks that may occur with the other two options. The existing Generac I have with john Deere engine has had oil leaks, coolant leaks and diesel leaks the belly tank contained them all. Although I am off grid, I have been inspected by building depts, electrical inspections and dept of ecology inspections so I do need to be careful of my choices in equipment here, this state I live in will likely outlaw anything in the near future, that emits anything carbon related.

In answer to your question, reusing the 114g tank is an excellent option, the rest of the generator is functional and could be set on rails with a smaller tank and sold.

spotrep

Thanks for the link, I actually have both a heating oil tank and a 55 gallon aluminum tank, what the belly tank could offer is containment of fuel, and any other leaks that may occur with the other two options. The existing Generac I have with john Deere engine has had oil leaks, coolant leaks and diesel leaks the belly tank contained them all. Although I am off grid, I have been inspected by building depts, electrical inspections and dept of ecology inspections so I do need to be careful of my choices in equipment here, this state I live in will likely outlaw anything in the near future, that emits anything carbon related.

In answer to your question, reusing the 114g tank is an excellent option, the rest of the generator is functional and could be set on rails with a smaller tank and sold.
to be clear, you're looking for an auxiliary fuel tank to mount beneath the MEP that also has a drip tray?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if containment and legal install is what you want, Roth tanks are an all in one option with excellent quality and are fully compliant (plus the 2" NPT tops easily allow for an MEP aux fuel adapter to be used). Standard sizes are 100g, 275g, and 400g.

blk65brd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if containment and legal install is what you want, Roth tanks are an all in one option with excellent quality and are fully compliant (plus the 2" NPT tops easily allow for an MEP aux fuel adapter to be used). Standard sizes are 100g, 275g, and 400g.

This is a link to the generator I have this one has a 132 gal tank, mine is a 114 gallon tank, I retired from the wireless industry and the one I have Came from a cell site for backup power. From the pictures you can see the containment tray below the generator, it is about 6” deep. The original j motor on my gen was actually running with 3 of the 4 injectors broken and still making power. John Deere wanted 16K to fix it, it was replaced with a crate motor from eBay that was 4K.

-https://www.ebay.com/p/841194456?norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-153677-346401-4&mkcid=2&mkscid=102&keyword=&crlp=660656376411_&MT_ID=&geo_id=&rlsatarget=dsa-1656043178632&adpos=&device=c&mktype=&loc=9059795&poi=&abcId=&cmpgn=15152848262&sitelnk=&adgroupid=130039502099&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhc-sBhCEARIsAOVwHuQQAxlNR2J5jIMqorxQCOz7kPIBWqQ-4T3Tp5t-lXjO4QYObAF1POoaAnBDEALw_wcB

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks