• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A heater

uniquify

Before bidding there are a few things I look for in pictures from GL, GP, etc.:
1) Look for a picture that shows the event & lot numbers (often the last picture)
2) Look for a picture of the data plate (includes the serial number)
3) Look for a picture of the hour meter

Check any numbers in the listing against the numbers from the pictures. If the numbers don't match, I won't bid.

uniquify

Yah I did that but if she isn't going to issue generators according to serial numbers it is all for nothing.
Agreed. There is a huge difference between pictures that don't match the item, and them refusing to turn over the actual item you paid for. That feels like fraud or theft. I hope they make it right for you and everyone else in this mess.

I was thinking that as well, if you look at their current auction of 802's, they are all lined up and covered in snow. To me, the pics looked very close, especially years 96 vs. 05 units, the fuel pump and sensors caught my eye.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
Is there an avenue for complaint? I have never even looked at an auction, so do not know what's on the web pages. But there has to be some way to complain, and hold someone's feet to the fire. Simply telling you to suck it up and take any old piece of crap they shove under your nose is simply unacceptable. If a car dealership did that, you could take them to court. So wheres the difference?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Not really. Live in person auctions are regulated by each state. Online not so much. Over the years there have been tons of issues with GL. In this situation they will say "you took an item that was acceptable to you" and that will pretty much be that. GL will not budge on anything unless you force them. They know they are wrong most of the time. Calmy using the words fraud and law enforcement gets their attention. You can send an email to them with "attn management" in the subject line and they will at least read it. I have gone back and forth with them a few times over the years.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Sure is. GP is also. The gov is insulated they contract to sell to GL and GP and you are buying the surplus from a private company.

Guyfang

Staff member
Well, what would you do if it was a company in town? Call the Better Business Bureau. File a complaint. At the very least, the BBB might be able to give you a few hints on just what you can do, if anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks