• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A Radiator hoses & Radiator

Haoleb

Curious is anyone has found a good source for replacement upper and lower radiator hoses and also replacement radiators that might be an easy modification to fit or direct replacement. I have found some Cummins/Onan hose but the price is astronomical.

I am getting some coolant seeping from the hoses now that this cold weather has arrived. Tried tightening the clamps but that still did not solve the issue. If I am going to go through the hassle of draining the entire thing to do something like RTV them on, I would rather just replace the hoses all together.

I would also be interested in replacement radiator. Mine works fine for now but probably not another 10 years...

Zed254

Search the Bay under part numbers for hoses for one of them:

Part No. 88-20189 :: NSN 4720-01-385-1139
Part No. 88-20190 :: NSN 4720-01-389-0682

From TM 9-6115-642-24P - you should be able to find the radiator ID numbers in the TM.

Last edited:

Bmxenbrett

I would also like to know what you find on the rad hoses. There good to have around.

I never used any of the stinless rad hose kits but judging on my experience with "universal fit" products i wouldnt expect to much from them.

jamawieb

A lot of the units I've worked on, have some sort of black silicon on the radiator hoses. I've always wondered what that was.

Haoleb

A lot of the units I've worked on, have some sort of black silicon on the radiator hoses. I've always wondered what that was.
Well when I had issues getting the hose to seal properly on the Jeep I used to have which had an all aluminum radiator I ended up putting some ultra black RTV on the hose nipple before sliding on the hose and it never leaked again. I was using the good quality T bolt style hose clamps too but the darned thing would just always seem to have a small leak.

myridge

Ah HA! I am not the only one. I opened mine up last week to start it for my routine maintenance run and it found antifreeze in the bottom of the unit. I panicked and thought it cracked something in the frigid temps we had here in Missouri the last few weeks but I tested the coolant and it was good down to -40 after lots of review with the flashlight it appears to be coming from the bottom hose and it's seeping. IMG_5649.jpgIMG_5651.jpgIMG_5652.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
Guys,

The Infamies Dr. Evil Porkchop is parting out a set. I have to admit, if I was on your side of the big water, there are a bunch of real nice looking parts on the set. I would be looking hard at it, and some extra parts, "for further on down the line." Also for "controlled substitution." There are times that simply swapping a part, can save you a lot time in troubleshooting.

Guyfang

Staff member
We used something out of the Lawson kit, that we smeared on the inside of the hoses,and after slipping them back on and tightening the clamps, never had a leak again. I cant remember the name, because the label was gone and we just always used it!. Maybe someone else here can remember. It was in a can, and had to get the lid back on, or it would dry up in a heartbeat.

Hummingbird

I just got an MEP 803A and it needs new radiator hoses. Can’t believe there this difficult to find. Also looked to replace the thermostat and it’s 50.00 at the mountain place, are you kidding me.

cbisson

69birdman

Reviving an old thread and maybe you guys have since found a source but I found these today.

Upper Radiator Hose

Lower Radiator Hose

-Craig
Thanks Craig , good find , I just bought a pair.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a bummer... just got an order cancellation from that website. They could only ship me the 88-20190. Time to keep on the hunt for the other.

cbisson

What a bummer... just got an order cancellation from that website. They could only ship me the 88-20190. Time to keep on the hunt for the other.
Sorry to hear that....the search continues. I think they only had 3 of one and 7 of the other when I found them. I noticed someone in another thread found them also.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, thats what the site said when I got there... oh well. Id love to get a set of each, so I have a backup set, and I can investigate sourcing an alternate (or have them made similar to how I did with the sheet metal panels).

dav5

Yup, it was posted 6 hrs earlier by a Newbie "flainn" on the MEP filters and parts thread. Six hours is a long time for rare parts to be available. Thank you flainn

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was considering getting a pair to look at an actual hose company to make new. I source products from all over the world in my professional life, and some do include molded products. Looks like I am halfway there...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks