• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A Radiator hoses & Radiator

69birdman

I was considering getting a pair to look at an actual hose company to make new. I source products from all over the world in my professional life, and some do include molded products. Looks like I am halfway there...
I am not in dire need of the hoses , just knowing how rare they are and having 3 gens now, I jumped at the chance for a set. They'll probably just sit on my shelf forever.
I'd be willing to send it on to you for modeling or whatever, as long as I get it or another back eventually. (y)

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am hoping to find (2) of this hose, to mate up with the 2 of the other I got from that website. One set for my personal stash, and one to send out for sampling (which I have no guarantee of getting back). I'll keep up the hunt, but thanks for the offer.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an FYI,
It is best to store belts and hoses in a closed environment like ziplock bag. Doing so will help keep them from becoming hard from exposure to fumes in the air. They should also be kept out of direct sunlight.

dav5

Just an FYI,
It is best to store belts and hoses in a closed environment like ziplock bag. Doing so will help keep them from becoming hard from exposure to fumes in the air. They should also be kept out of direct sunlight.
Would spraying them with silicone spray before putting them in a plastic bag be a good or bad idea?

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would spraying them with silicone spray before putting them in a plastic bag be a good or bad idea?
Not knowing the exact material that the hose is made of, I would refrain from coating them with anything. It would be a shame to have to use it in the future only to find it degraded from an incompatible spray that was put on to preserve it.
That question might ge better answered by someone from Gates or another manufacturer with the knowledg of the materials use in production.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks