• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep803a working great but no reading on the load guage

joshua1001

Anybody have this issue, didnt see anything on the TM. Did I overlook it? I ran the house the other day on this unit but since I didnt have an ampmeter yet I didnt proceed. Also should I see the frequency drop just a little when something big like the HVAC kicks on? Thanks for patience with a newby in advance.

Korgoth1

Excercise the selector switch a couple times, most of the time they are crusty causing issues. Some have had faulty current transformers(test ct output, specs are in the manual), or it could be the guage itself.

jamawieb

I would try to rotate the reconnection switch a few dozen times to see if start getting readings. The load gauge receives it signal from a transformer and then goes to the reconnection switch, then to the gauge. I've had a few units that would read low on the load gauge and after rotating the reconnection switch, it got better. The reconnection switch, is the switch behind the gauges on the back wall, that allows you to switch phases.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would try to rotate the reconnection switch a few dozen times to see if start getting readings. The load gauge receives it signal from a transformer and then goes to the reconnection switch, then to the gauge. I've had a few units that would read low on the load gauge and after rotating the reconnection switch, it got better. The reconnection switch, is the switch behind the gauges on the back wall, that allows you to switch phases.
AND Don't switch it with the generator running.

Guyfang

Staff member
Thank you Diesel Addict!!!!!!!!!!! That's the biggest killer of switches there is.

Depends on how big the load is, and how big the gen set is. But yeah, the freq meter should move a bit. Nothing earth shattering, but a bit. You may have to adjust it back up if it drops down too far.

Guyfang

Staff member
When the load is large enough, the frequency, (engine speed) can drop a tad. If so, yes, adjust it back up to 60 hertz. Normally, it will only be a few hertz. A large drop in the hertz, would lead me to believe that the engine needs to be exercised at ever increasing loads to correct what everyone calls "wet stacking".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks