• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP805B not generating

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my question is where does it get the 12volts from so I can check to see what the issue is
Just asking, because of my experiences in the last two years especially:

You are absolutely sure your Test Device you are using is working correctly and you verified that it shows a known good DC Voltage correctly in the DC Volt Range you selected?

in 90% of assistance we provided in the last year, the user either did not know on how to use a Volt Ohm Ampre Meter and failed to indicate so before we started
Or
Newly purchased VOM’s turned out to be defective from start.
Culprits:
Chinesium from Amazon / Ebay
Kobalt
Klein Tools, now made from finest Chinesium since 2020

Icesythe7

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You are absolutely sure your Test Device you are using is working correctly and you verified that it shows a known good DC Voltage correctly in the DC Volt Range you selected?

in 90% of assistance we provided in the last year, the user either did not know on how to use a Volt Ohm Ampre Meter and failed to indicate so before we started
Or
Culprits:
Kobalt
Didn't know klein tools was chinesium aswell now

Southernman13

Or
Culprits:
Kobalt
Yea sir I’m sure it’s working properly I have like 26 volts on the supply to the dead crank switch while it’s running. It’s right above the oil pressure sensor so it’s easy to get to. I also checked the generator batteries individually to make sure the mete was working correctly

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea sir I’m sure it’s working properly I have like 26 volts on the supply to the dead crank switch while it’s running. It’s right above the oil pressure sensor so it’s easy to get to. I also checked the generator batteries individually to make sure the mete was working correctly
Thank you

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don’t have 12V on J23 Terminal 21 then the 12V regulator on your TCM100 board is bad

for good measures, check the two ribbon cables. Take them out and carefully inspect cable, connectors and sockets
Install ribbon cables and check J23 Terminal 21

note:
I am getting old and I cannot see everything when I type on my iPhone 12 mini

it’s J23 Terminal 21

sorry, this is just to small for iPhone mini and I am not a fan of taptalk

Guyfang

Staff member
Any time you have a failure on an 805B or 806B you should first look at, re-seat and check again, every cable in the control cube. This is a leading cause for most problems on this POS.

Southernman13

Didn't know klein tools was chinesium aswell now
I went 12v direct from one battery to the red wire. Just as I thought the pressure switch is working fine! I have 3.6 VDC. But the low oil pressure message is still on the CIM screen. I can’t make it go away and don’t know how to reset it
Any time you have a failure on an 805B or 806B you should first look at, re-seat and check again, every cable in the control cube. This is a leading cause for most problems on this POS.
oh ok I didn’t know they were considered a POS lol. Of that’s the case I may just continue with my original thought of just keeping the engine. It’s a 4045T Deere w 1200 hrs. That’s like new. I had talked to a diesel shop that said he could easily make it a variable speed engine rather then one fixed speed

Guyfang

Staff member
Thats just my opinion. Its a GREAT gen set, as long as it works right. Its that not run right, that is the problem. Lots of folks like this set. I just think its over engineered. There are people who gut this thing and put in simple systems to make a GREAT gen set. The engine and main gen are nuke proof.

Southernman13

Thats just my opinion. Its a GREAT gen set, as long as it works right. Its that not run right, that is the problem. Lots of folks like this set. I just think its over engineered. There are people who gut this thing and put in simple systems to make a GREAT gen set. The engine and main gen are nuke proof.
Tenfo thanks. So your sayin pull the computer screen out and inspect all the wire harnesses ? I really think it’s a simple problem with this unit like a loose or broken wire etc. maybe a simple problem. But could be hard to find I reckon

Guyfang

Staff member
You do not have to pull the CIM out, or yet anyway. But check every cable, plug and connection in the control cube. If you could talk to a CECOM Rep, thats the first thing he would have you do.

Southernman13

You do not have to pull the CIM out, or yet anyway. But check every cable, plug and connection in the control cube. If you could talk to a CECOM Rep, thats the first thing he would have you do.
That’s the area behind the door with all the switches for starting and etc ?

Southernman13

Tenfo thanks
I went out there a fooled with it a minute. Just looking for any loose or suspect connections. I pulled the CIM out so I could see more. I switched the screen so I could see the engine data gages. They show no info when running. Water batter and oil pressure all on zero. I know it’s charging because I put meter on the batteries It’s like there’s no communication between engine connection and the CIM. I’ll have a go again sometime tomorrow

Southernman13

If you don’t have 12V on J23 Terminal 21 then the 12V regulator on your TCM100 board is bad

for good measures, check the two ribbon cables. Take them out and carefully inspect cable, connectors and sockets
Install ribbon cables and check J23 Terminal 21

note:
I am getting old and I cannot see everything when I type on my iPhone 12 mini

it’s J23 Terminal 21

sorry, this is just to small for iPhone mini and I am not a fan of taptalk
Ok I see the j23 on the back wall. I don’t see a terminal 21 there’s 2 terminal strips that have 13 spots spaces on each one. Is this 12v regulator replaceable? Could this be the issue is this the BCT?IMG_5482.pngIMG_5482.png

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
J23 21 connects to P6 D on the back assembly PCB’s
The Voltage regulator is a 7812 and becomes visible once you remove the cover from TCM100 but in order to remove the cover you have to remove TCM100

In order to get to P6 you have to remove the top cover of the cubicle, then you will see the canon / Amphenol Plug on the back side of the PCB TCM102

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks