• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep806a where is the mpu?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I have tried to trace the 2 wires off the generator controller (16 and 17) to the mpu and I can't find it for the life of me. Can someone please show me a photo of where the mpu is on a mep806? And what it looks like? I am stumped.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
THANK YOU!
I found item 13 many times, what is that?
My issue is generator starts great, then never makes power (fails to flash field I suppose). Taking out the MPU, cleaning and reinstalling is the correct course?
How on earth do people get to the MPU? I can barely reach item 13.

PS I have your auto start unit still waiting to install till I can fix this issue. With the generator running what should I see at the two MPU leads? 30v?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No ohms as in almost 0?
If so the MPU may be mechanically damaged. Need to remove and inspect the tip of it.
They gen damaged if they come in contact with the flywheel.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
No ohms as in almost 0?
If so the MPU may be mechanically damaged. Need to remove and inspect the tip of it.
They gen damaged if they come in contact with the flywheel.
As in reading 0 ohms and no continuity.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I'm not calling that diagram a liar but that view above is looking over the generator head from the air filter access panel and you can see item 13 dead ahead and nothing in between.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should be screwed into the bell housing where the flywheel would be inside.
I can only go by the TM. Never wrenched on an 806.
Maybe someone can chime in with a pic or location description

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Im all over this thing and can't see where it can be hiding. The negative of having a nice enclosure on a generator. Hopefully someone can shed some light on its location.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can locate connector P6 the wire for the MPU run from there to the MPU.
The wire is a 2 conductor shielded wire so it will appear as a single "wire" from P6.
Unfortunately there are 5 wire sets like that running from P6 to various places.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Ok new Hal sensor in. I start and hold it to start and the hz come up! But after i let off start the hz fall back to 0. What does that indicate ? When this happens volts goes down and Under Voltage lights up on the fault indicator panel.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I assume you adjusted the new sensor per the TM.

Besides Hz working with S1 in START what AC voltage is shown on the sets AC voltmeter and what position is the AM/VM switch in?
What position is the voltage reconnection board in?

Now you may be faced with a voltage regulator problem. Need to test the VR per the -24 TM.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Am vm is set to l1-l2 (facing down and to the left), with s1 held to start I am seeing 150ish volts till I let off start.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
If the MPU tests at the bottom of the spec (2 volts ac on dead crank) will that cause this system?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks