• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep806a where is the mpu?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2.0 V is in spec. Seems the set is flashing which would indicate the MPU is working.
Sounds like the set is trying to flash the head but I'd expect the voltmeter to read closer to 208 volts. Meter may be wonkey.
Check the AC voltage at the convenience outlet with S1 in START and see if you get something close to 120 VAC.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Well that was interesting. 0 volts but had generator running for about 3 minutes and got white smoke from this electronics compartment. Waiting for whatever got hot to cool so I can see what happened

Attachments

Last edited:

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
This transformer looks crispy and it also looks like someone rewired or replaced before I got it (likely hooked up incorrectly). What is his function and how can I find a replacement?

Attachments

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TY for the picture. Just wanted to verify if the right transformer and VR were in the set.
My money is on the VR is bad which in turn caused the T1 transformer to burn up.
Transformer is probably shot as well as the VR.

Luckily I make a replacement VR for your set. Click link in my signature.
If you choose to go with my VR you'll want to disconnect T1. No need to replace T1.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I feel like someone wired it back up wrong seeing those hand numbered tags on the transformer. Would lead 1 and 2 reversed do that (smoke)?

Guyfang

Staff member
No, would not matter. But a bad VR would cause things to happen. Also, if all the parts on that list I posted are not from the same manufacturer, that would cause the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks