• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep806b challenges

319cssb

So the mep806b stopped functioning just as I took possession of it. It turns over but does not start. Starts with ether (for a second) and starts with the IP jumped with 24v . Bought a new speed sensor as the old one only showed some 500mv ~. The new sensor did the same and a sensor I dug out of a mep802 did the same reading. The mep802 has a shorter sensor which is helpful. Installation is still a pain in the dick , but far more manageable than the 806b sensor.
9FF35E5E-BAD5-4E52-9B53-57A02D359F24.jpeg
the first sensor I removed had some rust flakes stuck to it. Could it be that the flywheel is so rusty that it messes with the reading of the new sensor?
What to do next?

319cssb

Can someone verify if there is a magnet on the mep806b? Or is there a gap that throws out the signal for the sensor?

319cssb

Can someone verify if there is a magnet on the mep806b? Or is there a gap that throws out the signal for the sensor?
I should have phrased that better. I meant is there a magnet on the flywheel as well ? Or just the teeth on the flywheel that make the sensor pick up the AC current?
@Guyfang already answered it, but when I read it again. My question didn’t make much sense to me.

319cssb

I got a new sensor and got it adjusted to 1.5vac but no I noticed that the speed control module has no dc power LED on

jmenende

Disregard the manual. Adjust from 2.3vac to 3vac. 3vac is best. Go slowly using the dead crank cause if you get it too close it will shave of the magnet and ruin the mag pickup. Once you get that done the speed sensor on the govr will light up.

jmenende

Do not go over 3vac. You might slip up and ground off the tip. Leave it at 3vac and troubleshoot the next issue. Check the connections to the governor. Contact cleaner is your friend. Make sure you pull the fuse before you spray everything down. Do you have access to the canon plugs behind the control module?

jmenende

Did you remove the governor before? By looking at the pic, the top left nut is missing. Maybe someone fooled with it before or swapped the governor. Is this unit new to you, have you ever seen it run right?

319cssb

Do not go over 3vac. You might slip up and ground off the tip. Leave it at 3vac and troubleshoot the next issue. Check the connections to the governor. Contact cleaner is your friend. Make sure you pull the fuse before you spray everything down. Do you have access to the canon plugs behind the control module?
Have you worked on or own a 806b?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks