• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep806b challenges

jmenende

I’m confused about your question whether I have access to the cannon plugs behind the control module, if you know this unit , you ought to know the answer.
The backplane has 2 canon plugs on the back (left side) where all the cables connect to the control box. You can only acces the plugs if you remove the side panel. I mentioned this in case you wanted to clean them as well.

Guyfang

Staff member
It is possible to get at them if you just take off the top and use cannon plug pliers.
Jmenende suggestion to start looking at connections and plugs is a good one. And do remove the GCU and look at the pins and plug that mate them.

319cssb

It is possible to get at them if you just take off the top and use cannon plug pliers.
Jmenende suggestion to start looking at connections and plugs is a good one. And do remove the GCU and look at the pins and plug that mate them.
the unit had been man handled some. So the sheet metal has some ripples and someone fixed the top panel. I’m sure it’ll be a lot easier to get to it through the top than the side. The side has been untouched and we all know what a Pain it is fixing all the broken fasteners.
so I’ll try your suggestion first , Guy

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What length is the hex, the threaded portion and what size and pitch are the threads?

How many types? Hex with internal threads on both ends, hex with threaded stud, other?

319cssb

What length is the hex, the threaded portion and what size and pitch are the threads?

How many types? Hex with internal threads on both ends, hex with threaded stud, other?
They are all male-female thread 10-32 . The hex bit is 1 1/2” long and 5/16” in size

Last edited:

319cssb

NSN seems to indicate the length of the hex is 1.25", not the 1.5" you measured.
Assuming it's 1.25" I found these.
Standoffs
Be sure to check specs vs the busted ones you have to verify they'll work.
You are absolutely correct. 1 1/4” . Not sure what I measured. Explains why I couldn’t find anything.
Got them ordered. thank you, Kurt

Last edited:

Ray70

Holy Guacamole! $6ea. I would never have guessed...
5 years ago we closed up one of the manufacturing plants where I work and they let employees take ANYTHING that wasn't considered part of the building!
I got an unbelieveable amount of stuff, everything from machine shop equipment, inspection / measuring equipment to hand tools, to spools of wire and hardware.... everything!
You wouldn't believe the gaylords full of brand new electronic components we threw into the recycling trailers,,,, including bags and bags of 1 1/4" 10-32 standoffs!
Maybe I should have left the lathe and VMC behind and took the 10,000 standoffs instead! ;-)

319cssb

A less expensive option is to use these. About half the cost. Just need to use 10-32 screw instead of a nut.
1 1/4 spacer
Kurt, these would work , but two stand offs are screwed into each other to make the right length so you would need two of the more expensive standoffs and two of the ones you posted above.