• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP831 question

AfghanVeteran2010

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gen will charge the battery when its running. Yes its for starting only it and, can be operated with out a battery. I highly recommend if you own or plan to own this gen set reading up on the TM's for this generator, the TM are in the forums if need i can email them. Hopeful this helps.

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
mine only stays running if the batteries are either charged or the get is connected to a slave. that's odd then. I have the TM
I looked in the TM there is nothing about battery not being charged.

Last edited:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a 24v regulator that looks like the ballast from a florescent light.

Grab the TM and troubleshoot that part. Make sure you have input power to the regulator.

Lmtv772

Banned
There is a 24v regulator that looks like the ballast from a florescent light.

Grab the TM and troubleshoot that part. Make sure you have input power to the regulator.
I took the 24 regulator apart and there was a coil that was once strapped down with zip ties, the winding wire broke off.
after that It was running for a few minutes without slave power and then stopped again. is the 24v regulator readily available?
BTW there is no troubleshoot for that part... only replacement.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to look at something different. Those aren't going to work without building an additional circuit.

AfghanVeteran2010

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took the 24 regulator apart and there was a coil that was once strapped down with zip ties, the winding wire broke off.
after that It was running for a few minutes without slave power and then stopped again. is the 24v regulator readily available?
BTW there is no troubleshoot for that part... only replacement.
I wonder if it's possible to repair that.

Lmtv772

Banned
I wonder if it's possible to repair that.
I cleared the solder spot from the broken piece and re-solderesd and wipe tied the coil back down. After that it worked .
Not sure for how long, So I'll get a replacement soon. My Gen set has a solar panel with 24v pulse charger.

AfghanVeteran2010

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe I found a good source for part needing replacing, might be worth asking if the seller would sell the part you need out of the listing. PM me for listing.

Last edited: