• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mercedes Benz 1017A tires needed 365/85R20

manniley

I`m from Germany and travel in US with an RV conversion of an old army truck. Mercedes Benz 1017A, year 1988. see here: www.die-ausreiser.de/english I have Michelin 365/85R20 XZL (military offroad tires) with tube installed. At least two are run down and need replacement. I found a lot of 395/85 but no 365/85R20. Does anybody know a good place where to get a set of used tires with at least 80% tread for a good price? Also any hint where to get the truck serviced is more than welcome. I`m currently in Texas on the way to Houston and then further on to Florida. Later in the year we travel up North. Any help is highly appreciated. / Thx and regards Manfred :)

tennmogger

This company in Texas will probably be able to assist you. You are headed in that general direction. They have a lot of tires! http://wartimefinds.homestead.com/Tires-Wheels.html

Manfred, it is nice to have you on this forum. That is a nice model truck you are driving, the 1017. A good friend in San Diego has one of those.

If you will keep this forum aware of your location, or plans, many of us would enjoy meeting you.

Bob in Tennessee.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hallo Manfred, if you can't find any of those XZL's in TX or FL.... I have 3 of them (164G, un-used, 100% thread, still mounted on wheels) sitting at a friend's place in SW-OH.

If it wasn't that urgent... we may find a way to get them down to wherever you are, via SS-express??

Safe travels!
G.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Houston you can visit Gensco Tires at 9131 Friendly Rd. 713-694-2211. They have a huge selection of this type of tire and can mount them while you wait.

manniley

Hello Folks, thanks very much for your valuable replies. I`ve got 2 new tires in Houston at Gensco for a good price. They don`t do the mount work but deliver the tires to a prof truck tire service for free. All perfect. Thx very much. The two back wheels still have 50% tread and I will replace them when I come back from Alaska in autumn.

Meanwhile we`ve also got tons of comments on our homepage. I believe this is due to the link here. However, many of those folks ask questions for all kinds of subjects and expressed that they are very happy with the content. Just want to let you know that the comment section is not the right place to ask questions. Please use the contact section instead. https://www.die-ausreiser.de/english/contact/
Our trip details and route are in general up-to-date and can be viewed on the main page or here: https://www.die-ausreiser.de/english/what-s-new/ Also you can ue Facebook and like us there. https://www.facebook.com/DieAusreiser/
We are now in Galveston and drive to New Orleans next week. It`s great to be on that forum. Thx again for your help. / regards Manfred

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad they could help you! In Galveston make sure to see Seawolf Park, Tall Ship Elissa, the Ocean Star oil rig, Strand district; Sunflower Cafe and Gaido's for great eats.

Special T

If you are driving up to Alaska through BC and need something Hans owner of Moss import service can help you out. I have a few Canadian friends who have used him.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hallo Manfred, if you can't find any of those XZL's in TX or FL.... I have 3 of them (164G, un-used, 100% thread, still mounted on wheels) sitting at a friend's place in SW-OH.

If it wasn't that urgent... we may find a way to get them down to wherever you are, via SS-express??

Safe travels!
G.
You have 4 here in Ohio.

manniley

Hello Gringeltaube, I`ve got two new front tires in Houston. However the 2 tires at the back are still good for 5000 miles or so. I may want to comeback to your offer with location in SW-OH when I come closer. Currently I`m in Florida heading South and then up North the Atlantic coast and via Atlanta to Chicago. Depending on tread by then I`m happy to come back to you. Thx and regards / Manfred

manniley

Hi snowtrac, Alaska is planned for this summer, July August. In case you are around I`m happy to meet you. Cold beers are always in the fridge... / cheers / Manfred

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks