• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mermite can question

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Bjorn,
I did an article on the Mermite back in 03 or 04 for Military Trader. I'm on the road, but you likely can get in touch with JAG and get this. Contains, IIRC, specs and TM reference. I think the nomenclature is Container, Food and Liquid, Insulated, I know the NSN is 7330-00-238-2411.

HTH,
David Doyle

emr

The inserts of the memite containers make great rain lids for the exhaust stacks too, they are long enough they dont blow off and in case of a hurricane one can use the handle as a handy rubber ty down point. for that long storage, and they keep the tarp from ripping too, and its nice to have offical mil equipment in use.

Randy

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see you up and around again Gary.
About the mermite, I ended up using Jerry cans to transport the hot oil.....
Thanks to all who responded.

Reactions: art

houdel

cranetruck said:
I'd like to be able to transport the hot oil from the restaurant in a sedan, possibly the trunk, that steel garbage can doesn't seal and has made a mess in the Blazer cargo area
How about a used hot water heater? Check out a mobile home or RV dealer, they use smaller ones in 5-30 gallon sizes. Liquid tight, insulated, already plumbed, you just need to find the right size and shape to fit your needs. Or even a RV holding tank that you can add your own insulation to....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks