• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Messed up big time

O.D. Fever

I was working on a friends mep-016b trying to get it run. No fuel to injector, fuel to injector pump. The fuel shutoff was frozen, removed pump and freed up fuel shut off. Thats when thing got bad. Somehow I did not get the pin that goes into the fork lined up quite right. I think the shut off rod must have moved and I now have the pump stuck in its hole and I can't get it out to realine it. Anyone have any ideas??aua

seano11

Did you try a big hammer or a cutting torch ? They usually get stuff unstuck. Not sure how these tools will work in the warmer climate tho so proceed with caution

O.D. Fever

I gave up it got dark. The control linkage is catching the fuel shut off rod. If I force it, need new fork and injector pump. I should have gotten help to keep thing lined up. Stupid strikes again.

derf

Use TM 5-6115-615-34.
The pin/fork relationship should be connected to the external governor linkage. Did you put the governor linkage in the mid position when you installed the IP?
You may try turning the motor over by hand, if the IP is being actuated by the cam and the pin/fork are interfering it may be in a bind. Dunno.
Try turning over by hand and working the governor linkage back and forth gently and see if it frees up.
Also, the IP base is round. Could you try gently rotating it CW or CCW?

It has been a while since I've worked on a 016B.

O.D. Fever

I have not turned the engine over yet, I am not on the cam lobe. Did not work on it today, but I know I have too. Thanks, I'll post when I set the(How to destory equipment charges) It does not look good. Joe p.s. to anser the question, yes, but I needed 3 hands and something moved..

Last edited:

O.D. Fever

Took a little fiddeling turning the pump and the linage, lifting the pump a little I was able to engage the linkage. Centerd it and the pump came rite out. The pump is still not free enough to let the governor work it. So It's soaking again. I think a new pump is in order. At least my foot is not up my_ _ _! Anymore.