• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Met the former driver of my Deuce

O.D. Fever

Today at our surplus store a young man stopped in and inquired about the trucks out front. He then shopped for an hour or so, bought some stuff and then left. He did not make it very far, he stoped at one of the Duece's got out, stared at it, walk aroud it, and drove back to the store. He came in and said I from the 1460 TC out of Midland MI. and that was my truck in Iraq.. That was the best truck in Iraq, who added the winch? I said I did because another customer did not want the winch on their truck and we wanted one on the shop Duece. So to make a long story short, he wants his truck back. This truck is our shop truck to do pick ups and gun shows, so the price is very high. I told him I can always find another Duece and I would work with him on the price.... I am such a sap.. there goes another of my babies.. He earnd it,I just fixed it... Oh well.. Need another Duece. Joe:grin:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool story, i'd ask him if he has pictures, and if so, post them!

O.D. Fever

He says he has some pics and will bring them. Yes Ill give him a deal. I'll post the pics when I get them. He also said thats not the same tarp I had on her. He named the truck the Millenium Falcon, and got in trouble for it. It still says Falcon on the drivers windshield, the passengers side has been changed. Thats what stopped him in his tracks.. It was his handy work.:)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That is an amazing story. What a small world!

gunboy1656

That is pretty cool.

And here is was excited that I picked up a truck and trailer from the same unit. Not too many can say they own the truck they were responsible for in the service.

KsM715

Thats cool, Hopefully you guys can get some documentation (aka a paper trail) on the truck, that way he can pass it on to his grandkids and they can have some proof that it really was the truck he drove "back in the war"

O.D. Fever

One thing he said today was that he had a Gerber pocket knife out and was slicing somthing and they came under fire, he dropped his knife and it went down the defroster vent..He never got it back. I'll let him look for it. He also said they put in the heater kit and it never worked. It was not installed right. They dented the box and locked up the fan, it blew the fuse link, I fixed the dent and removed the link and installed the removable fuses. He looked at me and we said nothing.. He put the heater in and screwed it up...HI HI Love your GI'S Joe

O.D. Fever

Dozer1, you would not believe how stimeied that man was. He was blowed back in time. I think he cried all the way home, he called his wife, and his brother. He will get this truck even if I have to a take loss. He had all the missing pieces and new the truck. He had a hard time walking and getting into his truck to leave. I spent two hours with him on my day off ( my pleasure ) Makes a man feel good..... Joe:wink: P.S. He walked fine when he came, He was just overwhelelmed with memories.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
O.D.,

You are the Man. There are a lot of people that would never consider what a vehicle could mean to a veteran.

I still have fond memories of the deuce I drove in Germany back in the 70's.

That truck can help him heal in ways that modern medicine never could.

I salute you Sir.[thumbzup][thumbzup]

wsucougarx

Wow, I got the chills reading through this story. What an incredible story. Goes to show you, you never know what our trucks have been through and the memories it made for our fellow brother/sisters in arms. That's the main reason I am a purist with these trucks. Can't get myself to torch them or alter them too much. The trucks just have a story to tell. Some day I hope to connect with someone who drove them.

mikey

This story is unbelievable, yet I believe it. Oh the irony...

OD, regardless of whether or not you take a loss, pm me your your surplus store info. It would be my pleasure to purchase from you.

Mikey

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks