• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

metal jerry can ??

TIGERFANS2

got a '91 USMC metal jerry can today and the interior lining is flaked out of the bottom and up the sides a little way. is it salvageable to actually carry fuel in or should I just clean it out inside, shoot some rustoleum in and use it for parades (the initial intent) ?

Chief_919

I have restored them, but unless it is a nice vintage one it usually isn't worth the cost of the liner material to seal it back up.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I look at it this way: Is it worth the time and $ to restore a metal can to store fuel that I will NEED that may or may not be contaminated with "can flakes" that will cause me bigger problems later on?

TIGERFANS2

it's not a case of needing it.... it's the challenge sometimes :)
besides I know a guy with plastic cans ;-) for when I need to carry fuel

I 'spect it'll get a quart of 30 wieght inside and a rattle can paint job on the outside..........

Maybe I'll paint it to match my truck

Chief_919

it's not a case of needing it.... it's the challenge sometimes :)
besides I know a guy with plastic cans ;-) for when I need to carry fuel

I 'spect it'll get a quart of 30 wieght inside and a rattle can paint job on the outside..........

Maybe I'll paint it to match my truck
I use the ones with bad insides for hauling waste oil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks