• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

metal vacuum pipe replacement

Chaos333

I had a problem with my M1009 not shifting and after replacing all the hoses I did find out that it was the metal vacuum pipe. The TM listed the part number as #15599235 and it seems GM no longer makes this and NAPA does not seem to have it. I also called O'reilly's and they cannot find it. Anyone know where to get one? Right now I am using a rubber vacuum hose in it's place. I did read a thread here a while ago about someone suggesting a brake line but I cannot find that thread for the life of me. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone parting a CUCV might have a used one. Hawkman or HillbillyWizard may have one.

The tubing is just regular steel brake line. I can't find the size right now, but most parts houses have sticks of brake line. Take a piece with you and find the right size.

The green coated brake line from NAPA bend easier than the regular stuff.

Skinny

It's just vacuum, take it to auto parts or hardware store. Use anything like copper, steel, etc. as long as the rubber line goes on tight and you don't link it.

Skinny

Most brake line is going to be copper nickel alloy, galvanized/aluminized, or epoxy coated...should be good for another 30 years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks