• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Metalic black oil?

derby

I pulled a oil filter can off the deuce and there at the bottom was a Metallic black sparkly oil,and a few small slivers of metal.The truck seems to run well with good oil pressure.and I can't hear any knock.any suggestions?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
does not sound good. an oil analysis would be a good idea, and certainly cleaning that out as well.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No "sparkleys" are good in the oil. Is it a fresh rebuild? If so, possibly from machining.

Jones

More info needed. Lots of stuff is silvery inside an engine. Could even residue from before the last oil change that was hiding in a low spot.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, if you don't want to go too deep into the engine, pull the valve covers and see if there's metallic sludge in the freeze plugs in the top of the heads. Then you'll know if it's been circulating thru the engine for an extended time and the filters were bypassing. Was the metallic lookin' stuff only on the outside part of the filter?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The oil flow is outside in, so that's a good thing. I'd still pull the lids and check on top of the heads. Maybe give it an oil and filter change, maybe a couple, then see if it fills the filter can again.

derby

Now that I think of it,I did have the front valve cover off when i set the timing on the IP. I did not see anything there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks