• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Metering Valve Help

andyh1956

Greetings from Mississippi!
A while back I brought an M1009 home, shows 32K miles. It runs perfect save for the metering valve sticking in the injection pump prolly from sitting up. As I'm sure everybody here knows when the throttle is let off abruptly the engine can stall & die.
Anybody here have any luck removing & cleaning this valve while the pump is installed on the engine?
Thanks!

cucvrus

Try lubing the linkage and getting in there with an old toothbrush and clean it good. But the linkage does bind on occasion from dirt and lack of lubrication. This M1009 had a few tight linkage spots. Slight cleaning and oiling. Real oil NOT spray lube. Fixed it up and back into the mud. DSCF3352.JPG

Keith_J

Diesel Mechanic in a Bottle worked great at fixing mine. Took the injection pump cover off, removed as much diesel as possible, refilling with this magic elixir and waited 30 minutes. Then followed the 1 ounce per 10 gallons for the next few fillups. Now it runs perfectly.

I got a gallon of it for about 70 dollars.

cucvrus

May I advise against removing the top cover if you suspect rusted 10/24 bolts. They will snap and then the pump may not even be usable as a core. I had it happen more than once. That electrolysis is bad on the steel to aluminum. That is why I suggested massaging it with oil from the outside. if you must get this diesel magic in the pump do it thru a fuel feed line. Or save all the magic cures and get the injection pump rebuilt. It probably would be the best move if you want a reliable vehicle and the rest of the vehicle warrants that. No a huge fan of miracle elixir's. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks