• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Metric or SAE

ramdough

How much of these trucks are metric vs SAE?

I have a vague thought that they are all metric but that some people use SAE equivalents. Or is it truly a mix. I am a noob...... so please excuse the noob question.

Also, for the large stuff.... what large socket sizes are need. 38mm deep..... what else?

I am trying to figure out which large socket set to get since I have the small stuff covered.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

How much of these trucks are metric vs SAE?

I have a vague thought that they are all metric but that some people use SAE equivalents. Or is it truly a mix. ....

... for the large stuff.... what large socket sizes are need. 38mm deep..... what else?

I am trying to figure out which large socket set to get since I have the small stuff covered.
Sorry to see no one responded to your same question in below thread. If you get a more definitive answer please update the thread so its easy to find all in one place.

Reworked LMTV

I noticed that Harbor changed their hand tool lines a bit, with a new ICON series. New products come with higher prices too : ( Shop around.

I actually shop Amazon at times for large wrenches. Sunex and Powerbuilt. I bought a TENG brand too, but thought the shaft was too short I felt for a 30 mm wrench. Otherwise seemed ok.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck is essentially all metric, with some exceptions. Basically, if there was a part that didn't come in metric, that didn't stop them from using it, such as the nuts on the back of the speedometer. Also, inside some things are imperial (they didn't really intend for Army mechanics to take some of the things apart... just replace them). I think all the hose fittings are imperial.

For the large stuff, such as the drain nut on the outside of the axle hub, or the large hex nut on the cab latch mechanism, you can get away with using large imperial sockets fairly easily, even though they are metric.

In the end, yes, you need a large selection of both.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks