• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michelin 11.00-16 XZL's

Elwenil

RE: Michelin 11.00-16 XZL

I think Garbee has put them on a M37 and many of The M715 Zone members have put them on their M715s. I had a set of 6 used ones at one time, but never mounted them. Very heavy tires but good construction and I have heard nothing but good things about them except for a few concerns over weather cracks and age.

Edit: I thought the title said XLs, not XZLs. They are very similar but I have heard a few guys that have had both say they like the XZLs better. I was thinking the XZLs were metric sized?

Kwai

XL's and XZL's should be fine and are 1100x16. I have seen several M37's and M715's with XL's and XZL's. I have both XL's and XZL's on my M715's. They drive very nice.
The XML tires are 325/85-16 and won't fit since they are so wide.

amanco

I would like for some one to post a photo here of a M37 with 11.00-16 XZL's on it. I have never seen this.

Kwai

Let me rephrase that, the XML's won't fit on stock wheels. And I will be keeping my XML's thank-you very much.

m376x6

XL's, XZL's, XML's They'll all Fit with the right rim

I'm finishing a set of adapters to mount the LAV tubeless rims to any M37, Power Wagon 5 lug Budd pattern. They will bolt right up with no modifications and will take any of the 11.00-16 or 325/85-16's. I'm switching my 4x4 over to the XL's (which I liike best) from the 20 inch Firestones I have mounted right now. I sold a new set of XZL's to some fella in Wyoming as I recall earlier this last fall. Nice aggressive tread, looked to be quiter than the XL's.

Regards,
M376X6

Tanner

M37 on 1100x16 XZL's

Ummm, a picture or 2 like this?

My truck project - undergoing a 6.2/3053A swap at the present time - and yes, the wheels are Haze Gray, as this will become (heaven forbid that I open myself up to ribbing...) a Navy truck - :lol:

Shots taken in Garbee's backyard - gotta get my mess outta' there soon!

Hey Cabell, you want to post these pics for the tire page on your website?

"Tanner"

Attachments

CGarbee

Re: M37 on 1100x16 XZL's

Tanner said:
Ummm, a picture or 2 like this?

Hey Cabell, you want to post these pics for the tire page on your website?

"Tanner"
Yeah, I'll post them right

FWIW: The page on my site with the shots of BobK's truck both when he has visited and from meetings at the GC show his rig wearing the 1100r16 Michelins as well... Asside from the red paint job, his M37 is (or was until he sold me his engine prior to starting the big block conversion) stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks