• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

michelin xm47s

jimmy-90

Been looking at tires on michelins website for my mud boggin truck lately and I found something interesting. Michelin makes a tractor type tire called the xm47 that is rated at 55mph. They call it a highspeed tractor tire and say that it will run that fast for extended periods over pavement. I was wondering if anyone has put those on a deuce or a bobbed deuce? If so how do they ride?

tm america

those things are mean . but even though they might hold up to high enough speed for a duece they are more of a mud tire than anything and wont be very good in the rain or snow also they are directional and that is great for forward but makes backing out of mud abit more of an issue

emr

But the above post holds true, they are a specialty tire and will have a low performance level on all other areas, If U want extreme in one direction traction, that is the way to go, there are better tires for most drivers...BUT I am a Directional freak !! have had em on cj2a's for many years in the past, people used to ask in a snow storm if I was running chains, because i would drive up to the stuck trucks and do a K turn and drive away if they did not want help... Just a flash back of the Blizzard of 78"....:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are dating yourself Randy. I well remember the blizzard of 78. I was in OH and man was that a blast!

Billy Bobbed

Those tires probably wont last more than 8 to 10 thousand miles.They would be very noisy.They are like a bogger mud tire.They dont last long.But very good in the mud only.