• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michelin XZL TIRE INFO

Andrmorr

I was looking this up for myself and thought some others may be interested in a condensed quick access version. The tire pressures and max MPH (55mph) are interesting. Anyone know why 5ton tire pressures are set at 70 (or 80 depending on where you look) when the max pressure @max load is 110/125 (14r20/16r20 respectively)?

MICHELIN XZL TIRE .jpg MICHELIN XZL TIRE PRESSURE chart.jpg

Last edited:

Andrmorr

Isn't the 70 or 80psi the limit for the rim?
That is probably what it is. Even the chart is different than what's molded into the side of the 16r20 I was looking at that max psi is 110...just shows you how much research is involved with these trucks to not learn the hard way...

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking this up for myself and thought some others may be interested in a condensed quick access version. The tire pressures and max MPH (55mph) are interesting. Anyone know why 5ton tire pressures are set at 70 (or 80 depending on where you look) when the max pressure @max load is 110/125 (14r20/16r20 respectively)?

Probably because max pressure is only needed with max load on the tire. The 70 psi is probably an estimated real world load in normal use.

For example, I run 35 psi in my larger truck with 7000 lbs per axle, 3500 per tire, on 14.5 x 20 Michelin XZL's. That pressure gives a nice ride and even wear on the tread. Michelin tires need sidewall flex, unless loaded heavily, of course.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks