• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan MVPA 2013 Events

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Michigan MVPA aka MIMVPA has set dates for 4 main events in 2013
as well as the next meeting date.

2/2/2013
Winter Get Together / Dinner / Membership Meeting
2 February 2013 Coyles Resturant, Houghon Lake Hts, MI
Social hour 4pm - 5pm / Dinner 5 - 6 pm meeting begin about 6pm
Coyles has recently closed, We are scrambling to find another location, suggestions welcome.

New Location Secured
B.J.'s Restaurant
Old 27 North
990 N. Center St.
Gaylord, MI 49735
http://www.bjscatering.com/meeting.cfm

6/14, 15 & 16 2013
Wings Over Gaylord Air Show
Friday 6-14 Media Day / Parade / Hangar Party. This years impromtu convoy through town was such a hit, it will be an official parade next year.

7/20/2013
Camp Grayling's 100th Birthday Celebration
The MIMVPA has been invited to provide an Historic Military Vehicle Display for the Celebration - Still early in the planning stages, details will be released as they become available.

8/16- 8/17/2013
3rd Annual Michigan MVPA Show & Swap Oscoda, MI
To be held in conjunction with Wurtsmith Air Museum's Fly-In at the former Wurtsmith AFB. The 18th will be take down day for the show. Also early in the planning stages. Amphibians will have the opportunity to 'swim' from the former "Air Force Beach"

9/19-9/22/2013
Annual Camp Grayling Club Trail Ride, same base camp as years past.
Gunnery Range visit depending on the Gunnery Range schedule.

There will likely be several other smaller events members will attend
i.e.
Possible Memorial weekend campout at the Cheboygan VVA chapter with race intermission MV display out on the Onaway Speedway race track
Hillman, MI VJ day
Harrison MI. Veterans Festival

Last edited:

2002ford

Please remind me of the Camp Grayling trail ride. I used to go there every summer for AT. It has some neat areas to go trail riding.

Thanks,
Doug.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please remind me of the Camp Grayling trail ride. I used to go there every summer for AT. It has some neat areas to go trail riding.

Thanks,
Doug.
Sept 20-22nd. Folks will be camping out begining earlier in the week.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM me when it gets closer. A year is alittle long for my attention span.:p
Just teasing! I knew that's what you meant. There will be many reminders, and if I know Bob, it's on his calendar to send you the PM.
Hope to see you there!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2/2/2013
Winter Get Together / Dinner / Membership Meeting
2 February 2013 Coyles Resturant, Houghon Lake Hts, MI
Social hour 4pm - 5pm / Dinner 5 - 6 pm meeting begin about 6pm
Ruh Ro!

Coyles went out of business earlier this month.
We are scrambling to find another location, suggestions welcome.
I have also edited the 1st post, with this info.

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Updated schedule :jumpin:

Spring Membership meeting
Sunday April 28th

@

General Jims Surplus / Jay's Sporting Goods
8800 S Clare Ave
Clare, MI

Veterans Night at the Onaway Speedway, Onaway, MI
Saturday, May 24th Pre race display and on track activities during race intermission. check www.MIMVPA.org for updates.

MICHIGAN MVPA
WINGS OVER GAYLORD
Friday June 14th - Sunday June 16th, 2013

Historic Military Vehicle/Equipment display/bivouac set up in conjunction with the Main Event - the Air Show. Friday is 'Media Day' and club representatives will be interviewed by print, radio, and television media leading up to the event opening to the public. Active Military and Historic Military Vehicle Parade. The Friday night 'Public' opening event will be a Dinner and Hanger Dance, with a 40's style Big Band providing entertainment. Saturday & Sunday are the show days and the Air Show itself. Check www.MIMVPA.org
for updates. Please visit their website www.wingsovergaylord.org for additional airshow information!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Michigan MVPA
Camp Grayling Centennial Celebration
July 20, 2013

The Michigan MVPA has been invited by the Base Command to provide
an
Historic Military Vehicle Display for this Celebration

We are working to have this event open to all former Military Vehicle's as well as Military Living History Displays.
As this event will be on the base, all active Military Installation regulations for entry will be in force.
Pre-registration will be required, registration info will be posted at www.MIMVPA.org as it becomes available.

Michigan MVPA
Veterans Night at the Onaway Speedway, Onaway, MI
Saturday, August 3rd Pre race display and on track activities during race intermission. check www.MIMVPA.org for updates.

The 3rd Annual Michigan MVPA
Military Vehicle Show and Swap Meet
August 16-17, 2013

The event will be held in Oscoda, MI. on the former Wurtsmith Air Force Base in conjunction with Wurtsmith Air Museum's Fly-In. Amphibious vehicles may swim from the former Air Force Beach on Van Ettan Lake. This event is also early in the planning stages. More information will be posted on www.MIMVPA.org as it becomes available.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Michigan MVPA Camp Grayling
Fall Bivouac/Encampment
[SIZE=+3]and Trail Ride:

This event will be held from Friday September 19 through Sunday the 22nd, 2013. We will use the same base camp location as years past. We are also working on scheduling another visit to the Camp Grayling Air Gunnery Range and to visit Camp Grayling itself. Range visit dependent on training schedules. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+3]check www.MIMVPA.org for updates
[/SIZE]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks