• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mid-America Truck Show Louisville, KY March 19-21 Anyone Going?

No.2Diesel

Mid-America Truck Show PICS!!! Louisville, KY March 19-21 Anyone Going?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone in the Louisville vicinity is planning on attending (March 19-21.) Its a huge show, taking up the entire KY Expo Center. There will be a few MV related Displays there as well I'm sure.

I'll be sure to take some photos!

Last edited:

Sumoman

DANG IT! I will be taking my concealed carry course that weekend. Figures.
Good for you.. If you ever want to go practice I would be happy to give you some tactical training to consider. I am always looking for a excuse to practice. We have a farm here we practice at for free, ANYONE just PM if you ever want to shoot.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thanks Sumo. Dwight, I work from 9am till midnight or later on all kinds of projects. Dad finally put his foot down and said "we are doing this- this weekend". I still listen when he tells me to do something. :-D

No.2Diesel

Trip Pics!!

Hello,

We made it back, what a trip! Had a great time. Lex Ordo, I and Co. embarked on a 4 day journey centered on anything truck related. You could say it was a non-stop truck orgy.:-D

We departed NY at 0015 and arrived around 1745-1800.:driver: I forgot exactly how long it took to get to Louisville but we made a detour to Sam Winer's to pic up the last of the air brake parts for the M819 in Akron on the way. With urination stops and fuel I think it was 16hrs.

We rendevoused with a buddy after we got settled who was debuting his brand new rig in the show and helped shine it up one last time before the judges showed up.:hammer: He ended up taking home a bunch of trophies.

The indoor show/convention was great. Musta walked 6 miles looking at everything and some things multiple times. It seemed anything truck related was represented in there.

Here's a smattering of stuff from inside the show::popcorn:

-The Palfinger display truck and crane was insane! :drool:

-Found out from all the major tire Co. (Michelin, Goodyear, Continental, Firestone etc.) that 12"x20"s can be had by their overseas distributors and manufacturers since the demand is still big in the developing 3rd world. The Int. Harv. Uparmored show truck had these nice Goodyear 12"x20"s G272 dual radials on the rear and 395R20s on the front. They must be the same dia.?!?

That would be neat to put a wide Super Single on the front and keep the duals on the rear!!

-Grote Lights were awesome

-Spoke with the Bendix engineers about wedges and S cams. The Mil. likes wedges because of performance numbers. Wedges are physically superior in that they produce a greater and more uniform clamping force but no one added a way to keep them lubed so thats why guys are scared of em. Bendix guy suggested drilling and tapping a grease zerk and a relief hole and they'll last forever.

-Leece-Neville makes some really sick alternators! High amps small package

On the way home we stopped at the Columbus DLA Depot and gawked.

In conclusion: the people were nice, the food was sloppy;-) (waffle house was great) we consumed large volumes of beer etc. at all times, saw lots of MVs, overdosed on trucks....I recommend this show to anyone who appreciates trucks. It beats any stupid Auto or motorcycle show!

I could go on and on.....I'll let the photos do the talkin'. Enjoy!

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Here's some more:

btw: that red wrecker with the 75ton rotator weighs 77K empty! There was a Kenworth 4 axle version there as well that was 97K empty!

Enjoy!

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Uhhh....more pics

here ya go!

-Check out the Holland/Alcoa Aluminum 5th wheel with the teflon no-lube surface. That wouldn't last long in an off road application....crack!:wink:

-While we're talking about 5th wheels......the question came up on here recently about how they're rated. Almost all Holland OTR 5th wheels have a vertical load rating of 55K and a Horizontal pull rating of 150K. Offroad 5th wheels have a 70K Vert and a 200K pull rating. You would have to verify the Holland part no. to check your MVs rating.

-Check out the Oshkosh MTVR tractor that was parked outside the show. "Who cares if they need their army truck, I'm stoppin in to see the shiny trucks!":p

-mmmmm.......Low boy trailers......:drool:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks