• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MIG Welding Question

TCD

Howdy,

I need to MIG weld several fittings on my 923a2. My truck has the CTIS "deleted" (controller still mounted) and is otherwise completely stock.

I will be welding a stud on the face of the torque rod insert. I have tested this on a defective insert out of the truck and it does not damage or melt the rubber in any way.

When MIG welding on my truck should I isolate the electrical system in any fashion to protect it from the current flow of the MIG welder?

A info and thoughts Greatly Appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No. I would run a grinder wheel over where you plan on grounding to. I have to do that frequently when i use my plasma on any truck. Dang near have my plasma ground 4 to 5 inches from where in cutting.

I typically ground to the bolts on the pintle mount if im on the rear.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

TCD

Thanks Everone!

I should have asked this earlier...

Is there any programing that will be disrupted by disconnecting the batteries?

If so how do your reprogram the affected device when you reconnect the batteries?

All info and Comments Greatly Appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would also unhook the batteries, to include the slave port leads. If nothing else, the ABS ECU is very sensitive and the newer version of the PCB boxes have a circuit board inside. Neither of these would do well around stray charges and spikes.

On the rod ends, short welding and long cool periods would be best. While it might not appear to be affecting the rubber, the more important part you don't want to mess with is the bond between the rubber and metal. This would not be very apparent. Keeping the heat down and localized is key here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks