• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

might be getting 5 ton

bjsmith

I might be trading my M1009 for a M923a2. What are few thing I should look far? I had a deuce and know the common things to look far on them but never had a 5 ton.

Csm Davis

Make sure the air builds pressure at a good pace then shut it off and crawl around under it and listen for leaks and then climb back in and put your foot on the brakes and watch the air pressure gages and see if the pressure drop continues past about 10 psi, heck just look up a cola air brakes test and follow that. If the ctis is unhooked look at each wheel and make sure it's not a hack job. And look for all the normal stuff that you would on any vehicle.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you get it, get rid of vents on axels, run tubes up to intake .
Check hub bolts on rear axels for tightness.
Check all fluids diffs,transfer case, tranny,engine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks