• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Might need help in albuquerque

migz

I was driving my M35 through Albuquerque to Denver and I am having major problems with it. It looks like it may have to finish the journey to Denver on the back of a flatbed. Is there anyone in the Albuquerque area that might be able to help me with storage for at most three weeks while I arrange for the truck to be picked up? Would be willing to compensate, pay rental fee for the real estate. If you can help PM me or post a replay to this post. I need to make some kind of arrangements tomorrow 10/15.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike_Pop

Mike,

Look on the member locator map. I know there is a guy in Rio Rancho which is just north of Albuquerque (10 minutes). He has a big yard with a lot of MV's. A real nice guy too.

Good luck!

Mike_Pop

Mike,

I'll send you a PM for Phillip Tupelu's phone number. He's listed on the member map. I know he doesn't have any space but there is a guy that he and I visited last year who is about two miles from him. He's got a big yard, fenced in, with twenty or so MV's that he has collected. A real nice guy but I can't remember his name.

Tell Phil you know me from SS.

migz

The u-joints in the driveline between the transfercase and the 1st axle let go in Grants, NM. I had a mobile deisel repair outfit bring me some u-joints and they insited on installing them. They got the joints in but totally unbalanced the driveline. Imagine driving at 45 with an unbalanced driveline, not pretty. I got a couple tips on storage options, thanks. I am going to run down to a truck repair facility and see if I can get my drivelline ballanced today if not I am going to have trailer it. will keep you guys posted.

Thanks
Mike

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I can let you borrow a driveshaft out of one of my parts trucks just send it back to me when you get home.
let me know

migz

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. I think there might be some other issues so I am going to have it towed the rest of the way. I found storage for the truck this morning. Thanks for all the help. Once I get the truck home I will post a talley of the damage.

thanks again
Mike

bottleworks

Re: RE: Might need help in albuquerque

ironhorsethegeneral said:
You want to make sure whatever end it came off line it up back the same. it may be 90 degrees out on both ends of the flanges.
(Times 5!)

Only click submit once.

RE: Re: RE: Might need help in albuquerque

I'm in Farmington I have no m35 parts other then some non turbo engines if any thing there is needed and I do have parking space . kenny

jwaller

you could just leave that shaft out and drive it with the front pulling you down the road.

dburt

It's already been said, but I bet the mechanic did not put the driveline back in indexed correctly as it came out, so it could be giving you fits because of that. You might try rotating the drive line 90 degrees and see if that makes a difference.