• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Might take the Ambulance for a run xmas day

dmetalmiki

I allways like to have a run round the town over xmas, so this year I plan to take my U.S.Army Airforce ambulance. Especially as all my restoration on it is now complete.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

That other big (small to me lol) is actually an "Acmat" build copy of a dodge 4x4. command car etc.Used by the french special forces and latterly the Guarda in ireland. It has copy running gear a perkins 4 1/2 ltre. 6 cylinder deisel engine. and that "odd" spare wheel fixing stopping the driver getting aboard!. ah la dodge. I bought it drove it back from Ireland didnt like the racket and low speed the engine gave. (and clambering all over the place to get into the thing)..so I removed the radio (now camper) body and sold it on as a pick up. I cant get any picture posted on replies?? so I will post more below.

AZDeuce

I always thought that was a cool looking truck one of the very few vehicles the French designed that.......well,...that...didn't look French, it was actually cool looking. I think I saw pictures of the cargo version used as gun trucks, I'm guessing by the French Foreign Legion.

Whiterabbit

Oh, that's right. Ya'll have the steering wheel on the "wrong" side! That tire would make it a pain to get in and out then. rofl I would never own anything with the steering wheel on the wrong side. rofl

Sharp ambulance. Turning it into a "camper"??

dmetalmiki

In answer to questions..the ambulance is (now) completely orriginal and the [paint is actually C.A.R.C. untouched and as it came from the U.S. military. and ABSALUTELY NO it will not be turned into a camper.
Well..it has ALL the medical kit in it..bandages, equiptment to suck mucas and blood from airways..de-fib oxygen stretchers etc..(I know NOT how to use most of it!),, HA! but on sliding open the front inside cabinet reveals.......Running water sink..Microwave..Gas cooker..T.V. utilities etc. Slide the cabinet shut = Orriginal combat ambulance. and also in the underside inside kit body is double bed conceiled attatchments. again stowed at a show.

mp_tx

In answer to questions..the ambulance is (now) completely orriginal and the [paint is actually C.A.R.C. untouched and as it came from the U.S. military. and ABSALUTELY NO it will not be turned into a camper.
Well..it has ALL the medical kit in it..bandages, equiptment to suck mucas and blood from airways..de-fib oxygen stretchers etc..(I know NOT how to use most of it!),, HA! but on sliding open the front inside cabinet reveals.......Running water sink..Microwave..Gas cooker..T.V. utilities etc. Slide the cabinet shut = Orriginal combat ambulance. and also in the underside inside kit body is double bed conceiled attatchments. again stowed at a show.
post up some pics of the secret cabinet!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks